no jetpack

the chronicle of one girl's ill-advised decision to run a really, really long way

3.5.06

It wasn’t long or glorious, but I ran yesterday. Not even two miles. Sort of a trial run. I ran down to the river and the park was full of people and I ran into Lindsay on her bike, and my breathing was all heavy and sloppy like when I first started all this, and after ten minutes my body felt tired and uncoordinated like when I first started all this, but I didn’t really want to stop. It was sunny and warm and I wanted to do the 3.5 mile bridge-to-bridge loop but I didn’t, cause Dave said One Or Two Miles Only. So I got to the riverbank where the kids feed the ducks, not even as far as Skinner Butte, and I turned around.

And I came back home and stretched and iced, and a little later I took some ibuprofen which I’m not sure I was supposed to do. But it doesn’t hurt today. So I guess I’m ready for trial number two.

How I’m going to get from not even two miles to twenty six point two miles in less than seven weeks is a thing I’m choosing not to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home