no jetpack

the chronicle of one girl's ill-advised decision to run a really, really long way

14.2.06

My plan was to write about this ridiculous running book I’ve been reading, full of stupid cheesy sentiments about running, but that’s on hold for now. Because yesterday I sent out a fundraising email, and this morning suddenly my inbox was full of encouragement. And the little runningman on my fundraising page is now running over a big “17%” instead of over a sad little “2%”. So instead of mocking the running book and all it stands for, I want to say thank you thank you thank you to everyone who let me know that this might not be such an awful idea after all, and who made pledges to push my little runningman forward, and who maybe did one or both of these things while also calling me a variety of creative names for crazy, which I will compile for a future entry. Really, thank you. I will think about it while I’m running and it will help me keep running.

Next time: more making fun of running.

2 Comments:

  • At 14.2.06, Blogger David said…

    I hope it's not Once A Runner because that is my favorite book ever.

     
  • At 14.2.06, Blogger tortaluga said…

    no, that's not it. i know better than to insult that book in front of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home